Monday, February 15, 2010

Bye Bayh!

In the wake of the reports of Indiana Senator Evan Bayh's retirement, I'm waiting with breathless anticipation for the media to focus on what his departure reveals about the potentially disastrous ideological fault lines that exist within the Democrat party. You know, the line that is actually a chasm between the liberal wing and the less liberal wing of the party. About how this fissure threatens to tear the party apart. That if the party elders do not act quickly to wrest control back from the liberals, then the less liberals, finding no home there, will leave in increasing numbers. All this making maintaining majority control of the congress less and less likely. I'm still holding my breath. I'm turning blue in the face. I'm feeling faint...

No comments:

Post a Comment