Saturday, July 17, 2010

Chew on This

I guess no one is going to bite at my what might admittedly be a "chicken or egg" question? Don't remember?

Again: Does the embrace of liberalism make one a meddler? Or does a penchant for meddling lead one invariably to liberalism?

The question came up again, for me anyway, when I learned that the Obama Administration had appointed a, get this, "Health Food Czar". I guess, by now, nothing should surprise us.

But I'm still curious, so let me rephrase the question: Is there any issue, problem or not, about which a liberal, a meddler, or a meddling liberal will simply shake their and say, "Yea, but it's none of my business"? To turn it around, I say almost exactly that very thing about a whole host of issues. Does that propensity mark me as a conservative or does my conservatism school me to think in that way?

No comments:

Post a Comment