Friday, July 23, 2010

Tangled Webb

Virginia Democrat Senator James Webb has taken time out of his busy schedule to pen a piece for the Wall Street Journal calling for an end to race-based government set asides. Has he forgotten which party he now calls his own?

When Webb switched parties a few years ago, running and winning as a Democrat, I told a friend that this just might work out for us after all. I thought he might be as big a pain in the #$% for them as he had become for us. Well, I was wrong. He's been a loyal liberal Democrat soldier on every significant vote since he's taken office.

So, do I believe him when he happens to sound like a conservative again? Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice...

2 comments:

  1. well, he always has been a kind of paleocon, but in the sense that Moynihan was a neocon--both voted badly, as you noted with Webb.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Ken. Makes you wonder how some people manage to get reputations for being other than what they are.

    ReplyDelete