Monday, January 3, 2011

"Arts and Letters Daily"

Professor Denis Dutton has died of cancer and you'll find a very nice obituary for him over at The American Spectator

Don't know him?  Neither did I until I read the obit where I learned that he was a founder and editor of one of the Internet's very best websites, Arts and Letters Daily.  Someone recommended it to me about ten years ago and I've found it indispensable ever since.  If you haven't already, do check it out.

The site is more or less a clearinghouse for many of the more substantive short pieces currently published in periodicals.  The range is extremely broad and eclectic.  While there's nothing particularly conservative in what the site presents, in fact it's often decidedly to the contrary, it does seem to feel that way nevertheless.  Not sure why.  Maybe you have a thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment