Wednesday, July 20, 2011

The Shootist

As in shooting back, that is.

Conservatives everywhere were heartened to learn that Rep. Allen West (R-FL) returned Rep. Debbie Wasserman Schultz' (D-FL) fire, and did so with both barrels.

Among his email comments to her:
Let me make myself perfectly clear, you want a personal fight, I am happy to oblige. You are the most vile, unprofessional ,and despicable member of the US House of Representatives. If you have something to say to me, stop being a coward and say it to my face, otherwise, shut the heck up.
It's true, to respond to calumny routinely can become counterproductive.  But to let your supporters know from time to time that you care, that you're a man, that you're alive for heaven's sake, is more than welcome.

John Wayne as "John Bernard Books" from the film The Shootist: "I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them."

Not a bad code to live by.

Not a bad code to govern by either.

No comments:

Post a Comment