Thursday, September 1, 2011

Fried Rice

The Bush Administration's first-term National Security Advisor and second-term Secretary of State Condoleeza Rice resents at least some of what Dick Cheney has to say about her in his just-released memoir: "I don't appreciate the attack on my integrity that that implies."  In fact, she goes so far as to agree with her predecessor at the State Department, General Colin Powell, about the character of some of Cheney's recollections:  "I think they do fall into the category of cheap shots."

I don't know about you, but as much as I respect and admire Secretary Rice, in this case, I think I'll take the always blunt-talking Cheney's word over hers about what transpired exactly.  How shall I say this?  We know Powell is, and I'm afraid she may be as well, just a bit more concerned about public image than is the former vice president.  Apologizing for Bush's famous "sixteen words" from his 2003 State of the Union address seemed at the time unnecessary, ill-advised, foolish even.

No comments:

Post a Comment