Thursday, April 19, 2012

"I'll be real frank here..."

So begins Senator Jim Webb (D-VA) as he explains why President Obama's signature health-care legislation is so unpopular and how that fact alone will make winning the swing state of Virginia this fall very difficult for him:  “I think that the manner in which the health-care reform issue was put in front of the Congress, the way that the issue was dealt with by the White House, cost Obama a lot of credibility as a leader.”

Well, Senator Webb, I'll be real frank here too:

Had it not been for you abandoning, first, your natural party, the GOP, and, then, apparently, principle as well, the Obamacare abomination would never have passed the Congress and both he and the country would be in much better shape as a result.

I think Senator Webb's coming retirement is going to suit him very well.  I know it will me.

No comments:

Post a Comment